Owners and occupants of Brand Hall were Grosvenor’s, Cotton’s and later the Davison’s. The Davison’s were really a branch of the Styche family. James Styche inherited property from his step-father and took the name Davison. It was his grandson George Davison (d. 1714) who brought the Brand estate.
In the 1737 Churchwarden’s Account book, S. Davison and Robert Davison are listed amongst the principle inhabitants of Norton in Hales. A Samuel Davison Esq, died and was buried at St Chads, Norton in Hales in 1740.
1756-57 Alterations to the interior of Brand Hall for Robert Davison. 
By a settlement made in 1765 on the marriage of Robert Davison and Ann Chetwode, the manor of Brand, Brand Hall, a house and lands in Betton and a house and lands in the parish of Malpas (called “the Maes-y-Groes estate”) were settled to the use of Robert Davison, the husband for life. In Robert Davison’s will dated in 1769, he gave all his estate to his wife for life, after her death it would pass to his brother William for his life, then to his nephew William Holt Davison (son of his brother William). When Robert Davison died in 1772 without children, his wife Ann (afterwards the wife of Edward Mainwaring) held Brand Hall. William Holt Davison (the nephew) died in 1791, leaving two sons, one of whom was William Holt Davison the younger.
William Holt Davison, the younger (1733 – 1824) by his Will, date in November 1824, after directing his debts to be paid and after giving some legacies out of his personal estate he gave, devised and bequeathed unto his cousin, Daniel Wilson Davison the Brand estate. William was buried on 29th May 1824 at Norton in Hales.
Daniel Wilson Davison, was the son of Doctor Robert Davison. On 12th Jan 1823 at St Clement’s Danes Daniel and Margaret Ann Scott were married. Daniel was a Solicitor and lived at 6 Clement’s Inn, Holborn, London.
Following the death of Daniel Wilson Davison in 1836, Brand Hall was put up for sale in 1837 but it did not sell. In 1838 the trustees sold it to Mr. Sillitoe for 35,000.
In Purney Sillitoe’s will 1855, he leaves majority of property, land etc. to Alfred William Griffin, eldest son of his niece Elizabeth Sarah Griffin.
Alfred William Griffin was born on 8th July 1835, at Hammersmith to Alfred Griffin (Barrister at Law, of the Middle Temple London) and Elizabeth Sarah Sandey (daughter of Commander Sandey, of the Royal Navy, one of Nelson’s officers). He was later baptized on 12th April 1836, along with his older sister Elizabeth Fanny Griffin and younger brother Marten Harcourt Griffin. Alfred died on 18th December 1861 at 17 Cleveland Gardens Hyde Park.
Marten Harcourt Griffin born 21st December 1836. On 25th January 1865 at Stoke Clymesland, Cornwall, Marten Griffin married Isabella Elizabeth Spencer, the youngest daughter of Rev William Henry Spencer.
BRAND HALL TO LET - Either from year to year or for a term not exceeding five years and entered upon at Lady-day next. The capital Mansion House called "Brand Hall" late the residence of Charles Wickstead, Esquire with Coach Houses, excellent Stabling and Outbuildings, good Garden partly walled, Plantations and Pleasure Grounds surrounding the House. The Mansion is well calculated for the reception of a large family and is pleasantly situated in the parish of Norton in Hales, in the county of Salop and is distant about 3 miles from the town of Market Drayton, then from Nantwich and about seven miles from the Grand Junction Railway Station at Whitmore. The tenant can be accommodated with any quantity of land not exceeding 85 statute acres of land adjoining the mansion. Three packs of fox hounds are kept within a reasonable distance. For permission to view the place and for other information applications may be made to Mr Pigot, Market Drayton.
On the 1881 census Charles Tayleur Esq and his family were living at Brand Hall. On the 1901 census Philip Rawson and his family were living at Brand Hall.
At Westminster Police Court, Mr Marten Harcourt Griffin, JP of Salop and Stafford, described of Brand Hall, near Shrewsbury; Pall Mall House, Market Drayton, Salop; and the Junior Carlton Club, appeared to a summons, before Mr d’Eyncourt, to show why an affiliation order should not be made against him in the instance of Mary Morrat, nee Morgan, now residing in Sydney Street, Chelsea.Lakes Chronicle and Reporter, Friday 17th August 1888
On the morning of the 22nd ultimo the inhabitants of this quiet little village were aroused from their slumbers by the merry peals of the church bells in honour of a son-and-heir being born to Martin Harcourt Griffin Esq of the Pelwall and Brand Hall estates, In the evening the Norton-in-Hales Campanalogian Band performed on the church bells by ringing a beautiful peal of “Grandshire doubles” – The band stood as follows’ Treble Joseph Dunn Austin; 2nd William Wainwright; 3rd James Wainwright; 4th John Martin; 5th William Ellams conductor; tenor Richard Hassall. We may add that the band is progressing favourably under the instructions so willingly and freely given by Mr A Marshall conductor to the Sandbach Change-ringing Society, Cheshire.3rd August 1867 – Wellington Journal
Marten and Isabella had eight children in 17 years. Marten died on 3rd June 1924 at the age of 87. Isabella died on 6 January 1934 at the age of 90. The Griffin’s resided at different properties during their lifetime – 1880’s Dinan, France, 1891 Sandbanks Havenhurst, Dorset and 1911 Efford Down, Bude.
John Radford-Norcop (formerly Radford 1904), born 20th August 1877 at Etwall, Derbyshire. John was the son of Arthur Radford of Smalley Hall and Henrietta Maria Hurt of The Knoll, Littleover. John married Miss Phyllis Thornton, daughter of Colonel Walker Thornton, of Maidenhatch on 9th June 1910. On the 1911 census John and Phyllis are living at Brand Hall, along with eight servants.
Between 1911 and 1917, John and Phyliss had four children, Peter John Church Radford Norcop (Died of wounds July 14th 1941), Henrietta (Jane) Grace Radford Norcop (married Robert Sorel-Cameron) and Eve Radford Norcop. On the 1939 census John and Phyliss were living at Brand Hall, along with four servants.
John Radford Norcop of Church Stretton, Bradfield, Berkshire, died 11th November 1959 at Thames Bank, Goring, Oxfordshire. Probate (limited to settled land). London 29th March to the right honourable Evelyne Vaughan, Lady Foley widow and Charles Walter Turner retired major H.M army. Effects £38,328.
In 1952 Col. George Wade bought Brand Hall. He died in 1986 aged 94.
 William Baker of Audlem, Payment Book